Organization validation SSL / TLS certificates typically can be issued within a few hours to a few days. They take longer to issue than domain validation certificates because, in addition to domain validation, they also involve verifying the identity and legitimacy of the organization or business purchasing the certificate. This involves reviewing documents you submit and verifying their legitimacy with the issuing entity. Any inconsistencies found delay the process, even something simple like different punctuation in the business name. The trusted third party doing the verification process takes their job very seriously.
The pricing is a flat $75/year. The process is as follows:
- Order the certificate. You can select 1 year or 2 year terms. We recommend a 2 year term so you don't have to go through the process so often.
- Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR). We can help at no additional charge if you don't know how.
- When you placed your order, you were sent an email* with a link to "configure" the certificate. Follow the link. Submit the CSR and your contact details.
- Once the certificate is configured, you'll be sent an email* to verify you control the domain. Follow the simple instructions in the email to verify your control of the domain.
- Once you've verified control of the domain, you'll be sent an email* requesting that you submit certain documents for verification of your organization. These are typically things like a business license, utility bill, and driver's license. Follow the instructions you're given very carefully. Any errors or missed steps will delay the process. If they can't satisfactorily verify your organization with the documents submitted, they may request additional documents.
- After the trusted third party has finalized verification of your organization or business, your certificate will be sent to you by email*.
- Install the certificate. We can help with this at no additional charge if you're unsure how to do it.
* If you don't see the email, check your spam filters.